ca. 10 hrs
NO. OF PERSONS
from 1 to 8 or 9+
Visit the memorial...
You will be visiting the site with a private English speaking local guide. After one hour of visiting the museum with its permanent exhibitions you will continue to the camps and cemeteries devoted to the prisoners-of-war of different nationalities. The second part of your tour will take about 2 hours. The guide will be at your disposal during the whole time of your visit at the site.
At National Remembrance Central Museum of Prisoners-of-War you will see the series of displays which popularize the knowledge concerning the Nazi crimes committed during World War 2 and the situation of prisoners-of-war during armed conflicts. The following generations of people whose relatives, ancestors from previous generations died here, arrive in Lambanowice from all over the world to pay tribute and commemorate their beloved family members. They cover Prisoners-of-War problem of the time of World War 2 and the history of the camps in Lamsdorf.
The labor camp functioned in Łambinowice in the years 1945-1946, and the number of its victims is assessed at about 1.5 thousand people. The detained were mainly German civilians waiting to be resettled into the heart of Germany. Hard living conditions, hunger, diseases and bad treatment suffered from the camp’s personnel caused high mortality.
On the day of the tour you will also see three cemeteries. Each of them with different history and different character.
- The Old Prisoners of War Cemetery set up as an object of the military character situated on the outskirts of the village Łambinowice within the area of so-called Camp II. This is the only cemetery in Lambinowice, where nearly each of the deceased lies in a separate grave with his name and surname marked on the tombstone.
- Next you will be taken to the Cemetery of the Victims of the Labor Camp. Those who had died in the camp were buried here in anonymous graves – individually or collectively.
- The third one is the cemetery of the Soviet Prisoners of War. It was located in the vicinity of the so-called Russenlager, that is the camp established in 1941 to accommodate Soviet POWs. They were the most numerous and the harshest treated group of POWs. There were about 40 thousand soldiers of the Red Army buried in mass graves in this cemetery, including also Poles who had fought in the ranks of the Soviet Army.
The museum and all the three cemeteries are located in the different parts of the village Łambanowice and on the outskirts of it. We will provide you with the transfer to all these places, as well as with the service of an English speaking guide. After completing your tour the driver will take you back to your hotel or to any point within the center of Krakow – following your wish. You will pay for the whole service after the tour.
The tour can be extended up to 2 days and combined with visiting of the Central Museum of Prisoners-of-War branch in Opole. Please ask us about the price and availability of this option.
PRIVATE CAR TOUR
2 pax 460 PLN | 110 EUR
3 pax 340 PLN | 81 EUR
4 pax 260 PLN | 62 EUR
5 pax 220 PLN | 52 EUR
6 pax 190 PLN | 45 EUR
7 pax 170 PLN | 40 EUR
8 pax 160 PLN | 38 EUR
All prices shown are
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES
- Hotel/apartment pick up and drop off
- Transport by a private car/minivan exclusively for you all the time
- Courteous and excellent English speaking driver
- A guided tour in English at Lambinowice Museum and Memorial (standard 3.5 hours visiting in a guided group)
- Return transfer to the hotel or any other place in Krakow – following your wish
- Professional service provided by the fully licensed tour company
- All prices are per person – nothing extra to pay
By taking this private tour by car you have a guarantee of being taken back and forth directly and in a full comfort. We do not do group transfers by large buses where people are sometimes driven around the city for one hour collecting other tourists before leaving Krakow.
For this tour we provide comfortable, air conditioned and spacious cars to be exclusively at your disposal. We are fully licensed for tour and transportation services. All our drivers speak very good English.
You are more than welcome to contact us in case of any inquiry. We will give you all additional information you need, and will organize your tour according to your requirements.