ca. 11 hrs
NO. OF PERSONS
from 1 to 8 or 9+
By taking this combined tour you will first go to Zakopane – the most recognisable town situated on the Polish side of the Tatra Mountains. Zakopane has the only Alpine-like mountain range in the country. Only two hours drive from Krakow and we will bring you to the most famous Poland’s mountain resort. It is a great place that thousands of tourists from all over the world visit all year round. Pope John Paul II, also, frequently visited the mountains during his pilgrimages to Poland. While being the most popular winter sports destination from December to March, for the rest of the year Zakopane attracts tourists with a splendid nature, rich folklore and unique wooden architecture. During your visit in the Polish mountains you will see some wooden churches and chapels (e.g. the Pope’s beloved church at Krzeptowki) built in a traditional highladers’ style, the oldest regional cemetery with beautiful sculptures and then we will take you for the funicular to Gubalowka. You will get the chance to step on the so called „Pope’s Track” and see the chapel of Our Lady of the Rosary which was once visited by John Paul II. There you will have some free time for exploration.
On the way back to Krakow we will take you to Wadowice – the town which has special significance for Catholics as it is related to the Pope John Paul II. Wadowice was a hometown of Karol Wojtyła. There you will visit the house where he was born (replica) and the parish church of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary where he was baptised and went to pray.
PRIVATE CAR TOUR
2 pax 0 PLN | 0 EUR
3 pax 0 PLN | 0 EUR
4 pax 0 PLN | 0 EUR
5 pax 0 PLN | 0 EUR
6 pax 0 PLN | 0 EUR
7 pax 0 PLN | 0 EUR
8 pax 0 PLN | 0 EUR
All prices shown are
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES
- Hotel/apartment pick up and drop off
- Transport by a private car/minivan exclusively for you all the time
- Courteous and excellent English speaking driver
- the Chapel in Jaszczurówka – traditional Highlanders’ style, known as ‘Zakopane style’
- Wooden Church of Our Lady of Czestochowa
- „Na Peksowym Brzyzku” Cemetery – the oldest Zakopane cemetery, the Church at Krzeptowki
- Funicular to Gubalowka and following the „Pope’s Track” – a stop by the chapel of Our Lady of the Rosary
- Visit to John Paul II's birthplace - Wadowice
- Museum of the John Paul II Family Home
- Return transfer to the hotel or any other place in Krakow – following your wish
- Professional service provided by the fully licensed tour company
- Lunch (meals and drinks)
- Addmission fees to the John Paul II Museum, Gubalowka Funicular tickets,
This cost has to be added to the total price of this tour.
By taking this private tour by car you have a guarantee of being taken back and forth directly and in a full comfort. We do not do group transfers by large buses where people are sometimes driven around the city for one hour collecting other tourists before leaving Krakow.
For this tour we provide comfortable, air conditioned and spacious cars to be exclusively at your disposal. We are fully licensed for tour and transportation services. All our drivers speak very good English.
You are more than welcome to contact us in case of any inquiry. We will give you all additional information you need, and will organize your tour according to your requirements.