Salt Mine - the World of Wonders
Enter the ‘Underground World of Wonders’ and visit the oldest Salt Mine in Europe – the Salt Mine of Wieliczka. Admire mysterious caves, magnificent chapels, saline lakes and sculptures. Discover dignified beauty of the Royal City of Krakow and let our guide make your visit the one to always remember! Feel the charm of one of the oldest and most beautiful cities in Europe.
This tour is an ideal offer for those visitors who have only one spare day to go on tour while visiting Kraków and want to make the most of it. This is a very practical offer for those tourists who simply want to see as much as possible in one day, without any rush.
Our driver will pick you up directly from the train station and will take a very good care of you.
A driver always awaits you holding a banner with your name printed so you will find each other without any problems in this way.
We invite you to the real world of wonders! The Wieliczka Salt Mine was inscribed onto the First UNESCO World Natural and Cultural Heritage List in 1978. It reaches a depth of 327 meters and the mine passage is almost 300 km long! The Salt Mine continuously produced kitchen salt from the 13th century until 1996, being one of the world’s oldest operating salt mines. Every year it is visited by over one million tourists, being undoubtedly one of the most frequently visited sites in Poland. There are no appropriate words to express the mystery and beauty of the Wieliczka Salt Mine… you just must see it!
It is a private tour with a door-to-door return transfer and a guided tour in the mine included in the total price. Our English speaking driver will take a very good care of you for all the time during the tour. He will pick you up directly from the railway station and take you to the mine (only about 30 minutes drive from Krakow). When you reach the mine, our driver will accompany you until you meet you local English speaking guide and join your tour. Visiting the mine always takes place under the supervision of the guide, there is no possibility to visit the site on your own. Visiting usually lasts approximately 2.5 hours and includes about 2.5 km walk down the comfortable and about 2 metres wide corridors and paths. Three levels are made available for visitors to see. There are 20 chambers and about 800 steps to climb. Tourists enter the mine descending 380 steps to the first level (64 m underground) and return to the surface by an elevator from the third level (135 m). Temperature in the mine is between 14 and 16 degrees Celsius, all year round.
You must also know that:
- There are toilets spaced along the tourist route (after about 40 and 90 minutes of visiting respectively)
- Taking photos is charged 10 PLN additionally. Please pay for your photo permit at the ticket desk or to our driver after arrival
- For the wheelchair users/visitors with walking difficulties there are some parts of the route adapted. Earlier bookings in this case are required. If you wish to book this option of visiting – please contact us
- If you need, your luggage can be left in the Salt Mines’ left luggage office. Alternatively, it can be also safely kept in the car/minivan during your tour.
The second item of that tour is a walking city tour of Krakow. After the lunch break (optional, meals not included in the price) our experienced and knowledgeable guide will take you for an unforgettable walk around the Old Town of our beautiful city. You will enter the town through the medieval St Florian’s Gate that has always been the main gateway leading to the city. You will see the Main Market Square with the Cloth Hall and a majestic, twin-spired St Mary’s Church listening to the unique sound of the famous Krakow’s trumpet call. Walking down the former Royal Route, passing dozens of medieval townhouses and churches you will reach the Wawel Hill – the former residence of Polish kings with the Royal Castle and the cathedral. Our professional and full of energy guide will provide you with interesting information not only concerning Krakow but also recommend you some places to eat, to go shopping etc. This city tour lasts about 3 hours.
After the whole tour you will have free time for lunch, buying souvenirs and simply enjoying your visit to the most beautiful among Polish cities. Our driver can take you directly to the train station or to any other place within the center (if you wish to have some free time).
PRIVATE CAR TOUR
2 pax 420 PLN | 100 EUR
3 pax 350 PLN | 83 EUR
4 pax 300 PLN | 71 EUR
5 pax 280 PLN | 66 EUR
6 pax 260 PLN | 62 EUR
7 pax 240 PLN | 57 EUR
8 pax 230 PLN | 54 EUR
All prices shown are
- Hotel pick up and transfer to the mine
- Descending approximately 800 steps
- About 2.5 km walk through the labyrinth of chambers and corridors excavated 600 years ago
- Mysterious underground lakes situated about 100 meters below the ground level
- Dozens of statues and mythical figures sculpted in salt
- Chapels carved out in a rock salt
- Galleries showing miners’ work hundreds of years ago
- About 15 minutes break for an underground shopping
- An elevator back to the surface
- Return transfer to Krakow
- Lunch break (optional, meals not included in the total price of the tour)
- Visiting the Old Town of Krakow with a licensed city guide
- City tour highlights: St Florian’s Gate and former Krakow fortifications, Main Market Square, Cloth Hall, St Mary’s Church, Archbishop Palace, the Jagiellonian University, walk down the Royal Route, Wawel Hill with the Royal Castle and the Cathedral
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES
- Hotel pick up and a return transfer to Krakow
- Hotel pick up and a return transfer to Krakow
- Transport by a private car/minivan exclusively for you all the time
- Courteous and excellent English speaking driver
- Guided tour in English at the Salt Mine and a fast track entrance
- Visiting the Old Town of Krakow with a licensed English speaking guide (about 3 hours private walking tour)
- St Marys Basilica entrance fee
- Individual insurance for all passengers (called ‘NNW’ insurance)
- Professional service provided by the fully licensed tour company
Not included: Taking photos is charged additionally – 10 PLN per one camera. You can pay for the photo permit at the ticket desk, to the driver or during visiting the mine.
All prices are per person
By taking this private tour by car you have a guarantee of being taken back and forth directly and in a full comfort. We do not do group transfers by large buses where people are sometimes driven around the city for one hour collecting other tourists before leaving Krakow.
For this tour we provide comfortable, air conditioned and spacious cars to be exclusively at your disposal. We are fully licensed for tour and transportation services. All our drivers speak very good English.
You are more than welcome to contact us in case of any inquiry. We will give you all additional information you need, and will organize your tour according to your requirements.