Auschwitz - the memorable experience
Visit Auschwitz-Birkenau – the largest of the former Nazi concentration camps, Wadowice – the home town of Pope John Paul II situated nearby and some other places closely related to our Pope. It is possible to see all those sites on one day, without any rush.
The tour starts with a visit of the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp (ca. 1 hour 15 minutes drive from Krakow). A guided tour in English at Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum is included in the total price. Our English speaking driver will take a very good care of you for all the time during the tour. You will arrive about half hour before your tour, as there’s about 20-25 minute time required for the security check. This applies to all types of Auschwitz tours. A driver will stay with you until you meet your local guide at the Museum and join your tour. After about two hours guided tour at Auschwitz I and a short break you will be taken to Auschwitz II-Birkenau where you will continue your guided visit for about an hour. After visiting a lunch break is possible (optional, the price of lunch is not included in the total cost of the tour).
During the second part of the tour we will show you the most important places related to Pope John Paul II. The tour begins with a visit to Wadowice, the home town of Karol Wojtyła, the future Pope. There you will visit the house where he was born and the parish church where he went to pray. The next item of the tour is a visit to Kalwaria Zebrzydowska, a town boasting one of the largest European Calvary sanctuary. There is a monastery of Friars Minor Observants there and the basilica with a miraculous icon of Our Lady of Kalwaria. The sanctuary in Kalwaria Zebrzydowska was among favourite destinations of Karol Wojtyła. He often pilgrimized there as a young boy, the Archbishop of Krakow and then as the Pope as well. Kalwaria Zebrzydowska is entered on the UNESCO World Heritage List. On your way back to Kraków you will visit the Sanctuary of Divine Mercy in Łagiewniki. There is a chapel with the miraculous Jesus, I trust in you painting and relics of Saint Sister Faustina, an apostle of Divine Mercy canonized by Pope John Paul II. There is an interesting, newly built modern basilica there consecrated by Pope John Paul II during his last visit to Poland in 2002.
PRIVATE CAR TOUR
2 pax 400 PLN | 99 EUR
3 pax 280 PLN | 69 EUR
4 pax 220 PLN | 54 EUR
5 pax 190 PLN | 47 EUR
6 pax 170 PLN | 42 EUR
7 pax 150 PLN | 38 EUR
8 pax 150 PLN | 38 EUR
All prices shown are
- Hotel/apartment pick up and drop off
- Transport by a private car/minivan exclusively for you all the time
- Courteous and excellent English speaking driver
- Visiting the Calvary Sanctuary in Kalwaria Zebrzydowska
- Visiting the Sanctuary of Divine Mercy in Krakow-Łagiewniki
- Visiting Auschwitz I Concentration Camp (a documentary film, gas chamber, crematorium, wall of executions, central jail of the camp) and Auschwitz II-Birkenau with a guide (a guided group tour in English at both parts of the former camp)
- The place of birth, childhood and school years of Saint John Paul II in Wadowice
- Museum of John Paul II Family House
- Individual insurance for all passengers (called ‘NNW’ insurance)
- Return transfer to the hotel or any other place in Krakow – following your wish
- Professional service provided by the fully licensed tour company
ADMISSION FEES NOT INCLUDED:
Auschwitz-Birkenau – 80-160 PLN per person (19 – 38 € per person)
Family Home of John Paul II Museum – 35 PLN per person (8 € per person).
By taking this private tour by car you have a guarantee of being taken back and forth directly and in a full comfort. We do not do group transfers by large buses where people are sometimes driven around the city for one hour collecting other tourists before leaving Krakow.
For this tour we provide comfortable, air conditioned and spacious cars to be exclusively at your disposal. We are fully licensed for tour and transportation services. All our drivers speak very good English.
You are more than welcome to contact us in case of any inquiry. We will give you all additional information you need, and will organize your tour according to your requirements.