Tatra Mountains in Slovakia
Not enough time for a proper holiday, but still want to escape for a day from the hectic life in the city? Save your time and explore the Slovakian side of the Tatra Mountains! By booking this tour you will not only get a chance of admiring the picturesque landscapes of the mountains, but you will also taste the local cuisine, see the traditional wooden architecture in different locations and learn more about the local culture and history.
The tour will begin with the visit at the Oravski Podzamok (Oravski Castle) the most attractive tourist locality in the northern Slovakia. The impressive complex of castles in Slovakia built between the 13th and 17th century on the top of the rock hill – 110 meters over the ground. The second stop is Vlkolinec – situated in the centre of Slovakia, is a remarkably intact settlement of 45 buildings with the traditional features of a central European village. It is the region’s most complete group of these kinds of traditional log houses, often found in mountainous areas. Vlkolínec was proclaimed a protected area of folk architecture, and in December 1993, it was added to the List of the World’s Heritage of UNESCO.
The third stop is made in the picturesque town – Ruzemberok, in a scenic restaurant serving traditional Slovakian food. After a lunch break you will have a chance to take some photos near the Liptovskie Lake. Then you will continue your tour by visiting the medieval town of Liptovsky Mikulas which was once an important center of crafts where different guilds were formed (smiths, furriers, tailors, hatters and butchers). In the town you will see the old market square with its town hall. After that our driver will take you to Spiska Sobota, another town established in the Middle Ages – a unique and fascinating example of the Slovakian wooden architecture.
This tour gives you an opportunity to visit many exciting places located around the Tatra Mountains in one day! A day to be long remembered…
PRIVATE CAR TOUR
2 pax 680 PLN | 170 EUR
3 pax 550 PLN | 140 EUR
4 pax 490 PLN | 125 EUR
5 pax 425 PLN | 105 EUR
6 pax 390 PLN | 100 EUR
7 pax 360 PLN | 90 EUR
8 pax 100 PLN | 25 EUR
All prices shown are
- Hotel pick up & drop off
- Private comfortable and spacious car exclusively for you and your company all the time
- Courteous and excellent English speaking driver, driver’s assistance while purchasing the tickets
- A drive along the most picturesque route from Krakow to Slovakia
- Visit at the Oravski Podzamok – famous castle complex situated in the northern part of Slovakia
- Vlkolinec – UNESCO World Heritage site, small village – excellent sample of the folk architecture in Slovakia
- Stop for lunch in the town of Ruzemberok – a scenic restaurant serving traditional Slovakian food
- Time for taking pictures by the Liptovskie Lake
- Stop at the medieval town of Liptovsky Mikulas and visiting the old market square with its town hall
- Visit to Spiska Sobota – an extraordinary example of the Slovakian wooden architecture style
- Time for shopping
- Individual insurance for all passengers (called NNW insurance)
- Return transfer to the hotel or any other place in Krakow – following your wish
- Professional service provided by the fully licensed company
By taking this private tour by car you have a guarantee of being taken back and forth directly and in a full comfort. We do not do group transfers by large buses where people are sometimes driven around the city for one hour collecting other tourists before leaving Krakow.
For this tour we provide comfortable, air conditioned and spacious cars to be exclusively at your disposal. We are fully licensed for tour and transportation services. All our drivers speak very good English.
You are more than welcome to contact us in case of any inquiry. We will give you all additional information you need, and will organize your tour according to your requirements.