Salt Mine - the World of Wonders
It is a private tour with a door-to-door return transfer and a guided tour in the mine included in the total price. Our English speaking driver will take a very good care of you for all the time during the tour, starting from picking you up directly from your hotel and taking you to the mine (only about 30 minutes drive from Kraków). When you reach the mine, our driver will accompany you until you meet you local English speaking guide and join your tour. Visiting the mine always takes place under the supervision of the guide, there is no possibility to visit the site on your own. Visiting usually lasts approximately 2.5 hours and includes about 2.5 km walk down the comfortable and about 2 metres wide corridors and paths. Three levels are made available for visitors to see. There are 20 chambers and about 800 steps to climb. Tourists enter the mine descending 380 steps to the first level (64 m underground) and return to the surface by an elevator from the third level (135 m). Temperature in the mine is between 14 and 16 degrees Celsius, all year round.
You must also know that:
- There are toilets spaced along the tourist route (after about 40 and 90 minutes of visiting respectively)
- Taking photos is charged 10 PLN additionally. Please pay for your photo permit at the ticket desk or to our driver after arrival
- For the wheelchair users/visitors with walking difficulties there are some parts of the route adapted. Earlier bookings in this case are required. If you wish to book this option of visiting please contact us
After the tour our driver will take you back to your hotel or to any point within the center of Krakow – following your wish. You will pay for the whole service after the tour.
PRIVATE CAR TOUR
2 pax 240 PLN | 54 EUR
3 pax 210 PLN | 48 EUR
4 pax 190 PLN | 44 EUR
5 pax 185 PLN | 42 EUR
6 pax 175 PLN | 40 EUR
7 pax 165 PLN | 38 EUR
8 pax 160 PLN | 37 EUR
All prices shown are
- Hotel/apartment pick up and drop off
- Transport by a private car/minivan exclusively for you all the time
- Courteous and excellent English speaking driver
- Descending approximately 800 steps
- About 2.5 km walk through the labyrinth of chambers and corridors excavated 600 years ago
- Mysterious underground lakes situated about 100 meters below the ground level
- Dozens of statues and mythical figures sculpted in salt, chapels carved out in a rock salt
- Galleries showing miners’ work hundreds of years ago
- About 15 minutes break for an underground shopping, and an elevator back to the surface
- Individual insurance for all passengers (called ‘NNW’ insurance)
- Return transfer to the hotel or any other place in Krakow – following your wish
- Professional service provided by the fully licensed tour company
By taking this private tour by car you have a guarantee of being taken back and forth directly and in a full comfort. We do not do group transfers by large buses where people are sometimes driven around the city for one hour collecting other tourists before leaving Krakow.
For this tour we provide comfortable, air conditioned and spacious cars to be exclusively at your disposal. We are fully licensed for tour and transportation services. All our drivers speak very good English.
You are more than welcome to contact us in case of any inquiry. We will give you all additional information you need, and will organize your tour according to your requirements.