Auschwitz - the memorable experience
The study tour is a perfect opportunity for those visitors who wish to get the most of their visit at the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial, and want to focus on particular sites at the Memorial and receive more detailed information about the camps. The program of a tour in its 6 hour version includes visiting both – Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II-Birkenau. A standard tour at the Birkenau camp is extended by visiting objects associated with the mass destruction of the Jews like e.g. the ruins of gas chambers and crematoria IV and V, so-called ‘Kanada’ barracks, the ‘Sauna’ building and Bunker No. 2. You will arrive about half hour before your tour, as there’s about 20-25 minute time required for the security check. This applies to all types of Auschwitz tours.
After the tour we will take you back to your hotel or to any point within the centre of Krakow – following your wish.
- Hotel/apartment pick up and drop off
- Transportation by minibus or minivan
- Courteous and excellent English speaking driver/tour guide assistance
- A guided tour in English at Auschwitz and Birkenau (extended, 6-hrs "Study" tour in a guided group)
- Introduction to the visit (the background information given by the guide)
- The gas chamber and the crematorium
- The Wall of Executions
- An exhibition of prisoners’ personal belongings
- Central jail of the camp (with the block 11 where St Maximilian Kolbe was starved to death)
- So-called ‘medical experiment rooms’
- After a 15 minutes break proceeding to nearby (2km) Auschwitz II-Birkenau
- The Gate of Death with an original railway ramp
- Primitive wooden barracks for prisoners
- A number of watchtowers along the electrically charged barbed-wire fences surrounding the site of a genocide at Birkenau
- Individual insurance for all passengers (called ‘NNW insurance’)
- Return transfer to the hotel or any other place in Krakow – following your wish
- Professional service provided by the fully licensed company
- All prices are per person – nothing extra to pay
Entry tickets to Auschwitz Birkenau: 125-195 PLN per person (27 – 42 € per person). Price depends on the date of the tour. We will add this cost to the total price of this tour. It is highly recommended that you contact us as early in advance as possible to book this tour.
PRIVATE CAR TOUR
390 PLN | 83 EUR
280 PLN | 60 EUR
220 PLN | 47 EUR
186 PLN | 40 EUR
163 PLN | 35 EUR
146 PLN | 31 EUR
133 PLN | 28 EUR
All prices shown are
Explore the UNESCO-listed former Nazi concentration camp. The place of Holocaust – the inhuman madness of the contemporary history.
For better understanding the history of Auschwitz we suggest a visit with an educator. That is why we would like to offer you our guided tour in English with a private, direct door-to-door transfer. We will provide a comfortable car just for you. You won’t need to buy any tickets on your own, we will have them prearranged.
Our courteous English-speaking driver will take care of you at the Memorial securing all the arrangements until you start your tour with a local Museum guide. You will visit Auschwitz and Birkenau in a group with a local guide. The tour will last 6 hours, you will be equipped with headphones to hear the guide properly. After about three hours of a guided tour at Auschwitz I and a short break you will be taken to Auschwitz II-Birkenau where you will continue your guided visit.
The tour starts by walking through the gates with the infamous sign: Arbeit Macht Frei (Work Sets You Free) and will continue to see the camp nearly untouched, just like it was when the Nazi left in January 1945. Just the trees have been placed at almost every street corner. You will enter the blocks turned into the Museum. Each of them having a number and a particular name. With explanation panels, signs and pictures they depict the horror that took place during the Holocaust. The educator will show you the inside of the blocks dedicated to the extermination plan, the medical experiments conducted by Doctor Mengele. The rooms are still filled with victims’ belongings, clothes, suitcases, unpaired, worn out shoes. You will see the unloading platform, watchtowers, fences, barracks, the camp bathhouse, the wall for execution, jail cells and many more.
The whole tour lasts about 7 hours from pick up to drop off. We will drop you off at your hotel or at any other place within Krakow city center, following your wish.