ca. 10 hrs
NO. OF PERSONS
from 1 to 8 or 9+
Auschwitz - the memorable experience
Explore the UNESCO-listed former Nazi concentration camp and enter the ‘Underground World of Wonders’ in the oldest Salt Mine in Europe.
We will provide a smooth transfer between both places. You won’t need to buy any tickets on your own, we will have them prearranged. We would like to offer you our guided tour in English with a private, direct door-to-door transfer in a comfortable car just for you. Our courteous, English-speaking driver will take care of you at the Memorial securing all the arrangements until you start your tour with a local Museum guide. You won’t need to worry about anything.
You will visit Auschwitz and Birkenau in a group with a local guide. The tour will last 3 and a half hours, you will be equipped with headphones to hear the guide properly. After about two hour guided tour at Auschwitz I and a short break you will be taken to Auschwitz II-Birkenau where you will continue your guided visit.
During the transfer between both places, we can arrange a lunch break en route. It’s duration and place will be flexible and adjusted to your needs.
Visiting the Salt Mine is the next item of this tour. The mine in Wieliczka is one of the world’s oldest operating salt mines. It reaches a depth of 327 meters. It’s passages are almost 300 km long! Visiting the mine will take about 2.5 hours. You will proceed along about 2.5 km long paths, steps and corridors. You will explore numerous chambers, admire underwater lakes and chapels .
You must also know that:
- There are toilets spaced along the tourist route (after about 40 and 90 minutes of visiting respectively)
- Taking photos is charged 10 PLN additionally. Please pay for your photo permit at the ticket desk or to our driver after arrival
- For the wheelchair users/visitors with walking difficulties there are some parts of the route adapted. Earlier bookings in this case are required. If you wish to book this option of visiting please contact us.
You are welcome to contact us in case or any enquiry. We will tailor your tour to suit your needs.
Important: prices do not include entry tickets to the Auschwitz Birkenau, which are 80-160 PLN per person (19 – 38 € per person) and Wieliczka Salt Mine, which are normally 93 – 100 PLN per person (22 – 24 € per person).
PRIVATE CAR TOUR
2 pax 310 PLN | 74 EUR
3 pax 220 PLN | 52 EUR
4 pax 190 PLN | 45 EUR
5 pax 160 PLN | 38 EUR
6 pax 140 PLN | 34 EUR
7 pax 130 PLN | 31 EUR
8 pax 120 PLN | 29 EUR
All prices shown are
- Auschwitz – Birkenau
- Introduction to the visit (the background information given by the guide)
- The gas chamber and the crematorium
- The Wall of Executions
- An exhibition of prisoners’ personal belongings
- Central jail of the camp (with the block 18 where St Maximilian Kolbe was starved to death)
- So-called ‘medical experiment rooms’
- After a 15 minutes break proceeding to nearby (2 km) Auschwitz II-Birkenau
- The Gate of Death with an original railway ramp
- primitive wooden barracks for prisoners
- a number of watchtowers along the electrically charged barbed-wire fences surrounding the site of a genocide at Birkenau
- Salt Mine Tour
- Descending approximately 800 steps
- About 2.5 km walk through the labyrinth of chambers and corridors excavated 400 years ago
- Mysterious underground lakes situated about 100 meters below the ground level
- Dozens of statues and mythical figures sculpted in salt
- The chapels carved out in a rock salt
- Galleries showing miners’ work hundreds of years ago
- 15 minutes break for an underground shopping
- An elevator back to the surface
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES
- Hotel/apartment pick up and drop off
- Transport by a private car/minivan exclusively for you all the time
- Courteous and excellent English speaking driver
- Individual insurance for all passengers (called ‘NNW’ insurance)
- Return transfer to the hotel or any other place in Krakow
- Professional service provided by the fully licensed tour company
Entry tickets for guided tours in English at both Auschwitz-Birkenau and the Salt Mine.
Auschwitz-Birkenau – 80-160 PLN per person (19 – 38 € per person)
Wieliczka Salt Mine – 93 – 100 PLN per person (22 – 24 € per person)
Taking photos is charged additionally – 10 PLN per one camera. You can pay for the photo permit at the ticket desk or to the driver or during visiting the Mine.
All prices are per person
By taking this private tour by car you have a guarantee of being taken back and forth directly and in a full comfort. We do not do group transfers by large buses where people are sometimes driven around the city for one hour collecting other tourists before leaving Krakow.
For this tour we provide comfortable, air conditioned and spacious cars to be exclusively at your disposal. We are fully licensed for tour and transportation services. All our drivers speak very good English.
You are more than welcome to contact us in case of any inquiry. We will give you all additional information you need, and will organize your tour according to your requirements.