ca. 4,5 hrs
NO. OF PERSONS
from 1 to 8 or 9+
Salt Mine - the World of Wonders
We invite you to the real world of wonders! The Wieliczka Salt Mine was inscribed onto the First UNESCO World Natural and Cultural Heritage List in 1978. It reaches a depth of 327 meters and the mine passage is almost 300 km long! The Salt Mine continuously produced kitchen salt from the 13th century until 1996, being one of the world’s oldest operating salt mines. Every year it is visited by over one million tourists, being undoubtedly one of the most frequently visited sites in Poland. There are no appropriate words to express the mystery and beauty of the Wieliczka Salt Mine… you just must see it!
This tour is a perfect option for those who do not stay in Krakow for too long. You can take a private Salt Mine Tour on the day of your departure from the Krakow airport. By doing so you save your time, as the Krakow Airport is located only 25 minutes drive from Wieliczka Salt Mine.
This is a direct door-to-door tour by a private car with a driver’s waiting time during your Salt Mine tour and a return transfer. Our smart, friendly and professional driver will pick you up from your hotel in Krakow, take you to the Salt Mine and drop you off at the airport directly after your visit.
Your luggage will be kept safely in the car/minivan during your tour. Alternatively, it can be left in the Salt Mines’ left luggage office.
It is a private tour with a door-to-door return transfer and a guided English, group tour in the mine included in the total price. Our English speaking driver will take a very good care of you for all the time during the tour. He will pick you up directly from your hotel and take you to the mine (only about 30 minutes drive from Kraków). When you reach the mine, our driver will accompany you until you meet you local English speaking guide and join your tour, which is a group that consists of max. 30 people. Visiting the mine always takes place under the supervision of the guide, there is no possibility to visit the site on your own. Visiting usually lasts approximately 2.5 hours and includes about 2.5 km walk down the comfortable and about 2 metres wide corridors and paths. Three levels are made available for visitors to see. There are 20 chambers and about 800 steps to climb. Tourists enter the mine descending 380 steps to the first level (64 m underground) and return to the surface by an elevator from the third level (135 m). Temperature in the mine is between 14 and 16 degrees Celsius, all year round.
PRIVATE CAR TOUR
280 PLN | 100 EUR
250 PLN | 83 EUR
220 PLN | 71 EUR
190 PLN | 66 EUR
180 PLN | 62 EUR
170 PLN | 57 EUR
160 PLN | 54 EUR
All prices shown are
You must also know that:
- There are toilets spaced along the tourist route (after about 40 and 90 minutes of visiting respectively)
- For the wheelchair users/visitors with walking dificulties there are some parts of the route adapted. Earlier bookings in this case are required. If you wish to book this option of visiting please contact us.
- Hotel pick up and a return transfer with drop off at the Krakow Airport
- Transport by a private car/minivan exclusively for you all the time
- Courteous and excellent English speaking driver
- Guided tour in English at the Salt Mine and a fast track entrance
- Individual insurance for all passengers (called ‘NNW’ insurance)
- Professional service provided by the fully licensed tour company
- Taking photos is charged additionally – 10 PLN per one camera. You can pay for the photo permit at the ticket desk, to the driver or during visiting the mine.
All prices are per person
By taking this private tour by car you have a guarantee of being taken back and forth directly and in a full comfort. We do not do group transfers by large buses where people are sometimes driven around the city for one hour collecting other tourists before leaving Krakow.
For this tour we provide comfortable, air conditioned and spacious cars to be exclusively at your disposal. We are fully licensed for tour and transportation services. All our drivers speak very good English.
You are more than welcome to contact us in case of any inquiry. We will give you all additional information you need, and will organize your tour according to your requirements.